- NRMS Nordic Rock Mechanics Symposium 2017
- IABSE Helsinki Workshop 2017
- SBE16 Tallinn & Helsinki
- CIB World Building Congress 2016
- Wascon 2018
- PHN17 conference
- Past events
Registration deadline for authors: January 9, 2015
Download final programme here.
Purpose of the Workshop
The workshop theme is “Safety, Robustness and Condition Assessment Structures”. Workshop focus on structures that can cause notable safety concerns like buildings, bridges, viaducts, power plants, dams, harbour structures, stadiums, sport halls, public areas, malls and large urban developments, i.e., structures whose failure may cause the most significant consequences in the terms of fatalities, injuries and economic losses; and to whom condition assessment is routinely used. Aside with traditional safety-concept in structural engineering, e.g. loads and resistance, the robustness issues for unforeseen and unexpected actions are addressed. Most relevant topics for the workshop include
- assessment codes and guidelines for existing structures
- validation of probabilistic design methods
- newest developments in non-destructive testing and structural monitoring
- risk handling for hazards and extreme events
- progressive collapse, redundancy and alternate load paths
- man-made hazards.
The purpose of the workshop is to provide a meeting point and discussion forum to any professional interested in the theme. The theme is the continuation of the IABSE Workshop “Safety, Failures and Robustness of Large Structures” Helsinki 2013; and its targets were formulated at the discussions of the Nordic IABSE Summit Helsinki-Tallinn 2014.