The Finnish Group of IABSE is more than sixty years old and one of the oldest national groups inside the IABSE organization. The Finnish Group together with RIL have organized several IABSE events, including:
- 2017 Helsinki Workshop ”Ignorance, Uncertainty and Human Errors in Structural Engineering”
- 2016 IABSE Summit ”Global Risks in Structural Engineering”, Helsinki-Barcelona
- 2015 Helsinki Workshop ”Safety, Robustness and Condition Assessments of Structures”
- 2014 Nordic IABSE Summit ”Engineering and Beyond”, Helsinki-Tallinn
- 2013 Helsinki Workshop ”Safety Failures and Robustness of Large Structures”
- 2008 Helsinki Conference “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Buildings, Bridges and Construction Practice”
- 2001 Lahti Conference “Innovative Wooden Structures and Bridges”
- 1988 Helsinki Congress “Challenges to Structural Engineering”
Finnish Association of Civil Engineers (RIL) was founded in 1934 as an organisation for civil engineers with a Master of Science degree and civil engineering university students. RIL supports the development of building, urban planning and environmental technology and acts to preserve solid and durable building and maintenance traditions. RIL also supervises the benefits of its members and promotes their professional skill and welfare. RIL unites the most highly-educated professionals in civil engineering in order to be able to form a versatile network.
RIL is an active organizer of international events. Read more here.