Finnish Road Association, Finnish Association of Civil Engineers RIL, the Ministry of Transport and Communication and the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency are organising this high-level seminar for the third time.
This seminar is all about top Finnish research in the fields of transport infrastructure and transportation. The main goal is to present relevant research results for the actors in the transport sector, as well as for financiers, decision- and policy-makers and interested stakeholders.
Another important aim is to provide researchers with an opportunity to network. The TRA2020 side events status brings a wider international audience to the seminar.
This Call for Papers is focused on PhD level and post-doctorate research related to transport infrastructure, transportation, and users (Basic/Applied research). The seminar language is English and the ideal length for the presentation is 20 minutes.
We are interested in, for example:
- Ecological sustainability in transportation and/or in infrastructure
- Climate change in transportation and/or in infrastructure
- Digital infrastructure
- 5G and automation from an infrastructure point of view
- Surveys and assessments: ecological, environmental and economic impact assessments
- Transport systems & transport system operations
- Transport infrastructure & land use or spatial planning
- Infrastructure investment
- Please notice that the themes of the research are not limited to above-mentioned topics.
The proposal should include the following:
- Subject and aim of the research described with a few sentences (abstract)
- Name of the researcher or research group members
- Where the paper/research is peer reviewed (if peer references apply)
- Financiers of the research
- Links to the research entity, e.g. research program (if applicable)
- Willingness to present the research in the poster session
- Earlier presentations of the research
- Short biography, picture and social media account name
Please notice that we accept also proposals that have been presented before.