Welcome to the first and most unique open BIM event in the world. We gather together the best subjects, most visionary people and the industry leaders.
This event is for all actors of infrastructure life cycle. You do not have to be a BIM enthusiastic to enjoy the event. We want open BIM to be for all. We also share lessons learned not only the success strories.
EXTENDED 1 October 2019 - Proposal submission deadline
18 October 2019 - Notification of Proposals
18 November 2019 - Registration and payment deadline for presenting authors
3-5 February 2020- infraBIM Open Conference, Tampere, Finland
Proposal submission can be done only via the website. Maximum length of a proposal is 500 words.
When submitting, you are asked to (all obligatory)
- choose the most suitable submission category (see below)
- choose the most suitable theme(s) for your submissions (see below).
- list all authors involved in the work.
- name the corresponding and presenting authors
- corresponding author will receive all the emails from the organizer
- presenting author(s) should present the topic in the conference
- provide a (square) headshot of the presenting author
- File type - PNG
Thumbnail images should be 240 pixels wide, 240 pixels tall.
- File type - PNG
- provide a bio text of the presenting author, max length 300 words
- Inform us if the topic has been presented before
- Describe how does your proposal contribute to Open BIM
Presentations are accepted based on the abstract text.
Later on, Presentation slides will be required to be uploaded into the same database as abstracts, names, images and bios. The database is integrated into an online program that will be used by event participants.
Choose the most suitable submission category
- Technical solutions
- Standards and guidelines
Choose the most suitable theme(s) (max. 2) for your proposal.
- Road and streets
- Railways and tramlines
- Bridges, tunnels and structures
- Utilities and distribution networks
- Ports and Waterways
- Urban planning and construction
- Landscaping and areal planning
- General (ie. research & guidelines etc.)
- Other (ie. procurement, maintenance & asset management etc.)
When writing your proposal please try to answer to the following:
- What is new
- What is special
- How Open BIM is shown in the proposal
- Open BIM view
- How Open BIM is related to subject
Presenting author has to register and pay the registration fee by 18 November 2019. Only one presenting author registration per submission is allowed. If there are more than one presenting author the extra presenting authors pay the regular fee. Speaker fee is 210 EUR (+ VAT 24 %)
Should you have any questions please contact ville.raasakka[at]ril.fi