OUR REQUESTS: ARCHITECTURE, PLANNING, DESIGN AND ART
THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS MUST BE RESTRUCTURED
- By setting a sustainable built environment as the objective of the process.
- By prioritizing the user.
- By increasing multidisciplinary cooperation between different parties.
- By rewarding boldness and innovation.
- By utilizing new technology and digital solutions.
- By boosting teamwork and creative design competence among designers.
- By updating the educational content for designers in creative industries.
COMMUNITY AND URBAN PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION STEERING MUST BE MADE MORE FLEXIBLE
- By developing legislation concerning land use planning, for instance by separating the different parts of the Land Use and Building Act.
- By shifting to flexible town planning and specifying the roles and contents of different zoning levels.
- By implementing data models in land use planning.
- By providing the sphere of urban planning with the overall perspective and expertise needed for the acquisition of architectural, design and art services.
THE ROLE OF CREATIVE DESIGN IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS MUST BE STRENGTHENED
- By increasing customers’ and building users’ understanding of the benefits that creative industries produce in construction projects.
- By including creative design as a fixed part of the project process by eliminating the prevailing silo mentality concerning tasks and operators.
- By emphasizing the importance of creative design when solving the new challenges brought on by change-related phenomena.
- By providing the clients, contractors, and entities responsible for the use, maintenance and repair of buildings with more knowledge concerning the acquisition of creative design.
- By emphasizing quality in acquisitions.
- By utilizing the opportunities for innovative acquisitions, negotiating procedures, and design competitions included in the Public Procurement Act.
- By requiring the use of art, comprising a wide range of different art forms from visual art to cultural services, in all public construction projects.