NGM2020 - Urban Geotechnics
The Finnish Geotechnical Society has a pleasure to invite you to attend the 18th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting in Helsinki, Finland 18th – 20th of January 2021. The conference will be held in Hotel Clarion. The conference is organized parallel with the 14th Baltic Sea Geotechnical Conceference (www.bsgc2020.com) at the same venue. By registering to NGM, participant has also access to the sessions of BSGC without extra fees.
The aim of the meeting is to strengthen the relationships between practicing engineers,
researchers and scientists within the fields of geotechnics, foundation and environmental engineering including ground improvements with special emphasis on the Nordic region.
The leading theme of the conference is Urban Geotechnics. The theme twines the global trends together with regional and local problems in geotechnical engineering. The urbanization, digitalization, standardization and climate change affect profoundly all construction activities including also geotechnical engineering challenging our mindset and ways of working. The specific topics cover the range of geotechnical engineering from soil mechanics, reliability based design, foundation and geoenvironmental engineering, ground improvement methods to circular economy.
The detailed list of topics is:
- Climate change
- Geotechnical engineering in cold regions
- Ground freezing
- Statistical methods and reliability based design
- Ground Improvement methods
- Eurocode and standardization
- Slope stability and other geohazards
- Soil and rock investigations (incl. Geophysical methods)
- Monitoring and digital solutions (big data and data mining)
- Case histories
- Foundations and deep excavations
- Transport infrastructure
- Circular economy and environmental impacts
The Finnish Geotechnical Society invites you to be part of the most interesting geotechnical event of 2021.