RIL's professional activities include the following activities, among many others:
- influencing society and the conditions of activity within the business
- research and development activities
- competence-evaluation activities
- publishing activities
- information rearding statistics, prognoses and other current issues
Influence on society
- highlighting the national economic and social importance of the business of engineering and its influence on the living environment
- promoting the positive development of the living environment and of society in general with special emphasis on the importance of professional skills
- increasing the opportunities of its members to be able to influence society
- improving activity conditions for its members both in their native countries as well as in their international activities
- increasing and upholding the positive picture of the business of civil engineering
Influence on the conditions of activity in the business of civil engineering
The goal is to promote the development of the business, to improve the conditional and environmental activities and also to improve the quality and appreciation of the business. RIL will accomplish these goals by influencing the research activity, education, norms, directives and other regulations of the authorities in co-operation with those authorities and with other organisations in the business.
RIL takes initiatives, has standpoints on issues and makes statements.
The Finnish RIL representations
RIL has representation in many funds, organisations, boards and negotiating communities in Finland.
The institution of A committee
The RIL committees are divided into permanent committees and for special purposes freshly-organised committees, based on the project at hand.