Rock Grouting Course
Wednesday September 4
Hilton Helsinki Airport
Grouting technology for fractured rock has been developed for the last 30 years based on research together with practice making Sweden one of the leading nations in this field. The theoretical understanding has a major impact on design of practical grouting.
Course's overall goal is to provide the international geotechnical community with a better understanding of the fundamentals for rock grouting and the parameters that control the grouting process.
The main topics of the course are:
• Design and control of grout spread in rock fractures
• Adopt grouting observations and refusal criteria to design
• Assess hydrogeological and geological parameters for grouting design
• An understanding of the rheological parameters used for describing grouts
• A conceptual understanding of the grouting system given the equipment, the grout and the rock mass
• A review of newest research in grouting.